Thursday, September 30

Neapolitan_ST32646718_BW_2010[9073]

This is the Dash and Albert Neapolitan rug I must have for my floor. The colors will glow next to my gray walls. Reminds me of a Wayne Thiebaud palette. Sweet, but not sickly.

In Paris, I visited the galerie nationale du Jeu de Paume, a museum of contemporary art in the Tuileries. This might be where I became obsessed with marble, but anyway...

800px-Galerie_nationale_du_Jeu_de_Paume

Hanging at the time was an exhibition of Wayne Thiebaud's paintings. I had only seen a few reproductions of his work in my 2oth Century Art Book, and I was unprepared for the rapture I found in the canvases full of dense cakes and perky plates of pie. The repetition speaks to me.

img_thiebaud_frostedfractions_lg

pie-pie-pie

Just look at this rug! Dash was Albert's dog, and these Dash and Albert rugs are dog tested, boasting durability to boot. I think I'll get a pooch to match the rug.

Adobe2'x3'[7157]

No comments:

Post a Comment