Thursday, April 29

Planting Ahead

This Saturday I am going to Homestead Gardens, the biggest independent garden center in the United States: or at least one of biggest. That means tonight I must draw up a rough landscape plan to fill the beds we prepared earlier this month.

I made glamour/mugshots of some plants that I photographed at the Patuxent Nursery. Top contenders for the beds include...

pieris flaming silver


cypress gold mop


nandina firepower


camellia


and I would really like some ornamental grass clumps and DEFINITELY euonymus green spire. It's so aquatic.



Each plant has a different texture and color, which will provide lovely variation. We are also having a Yoshino cherry blossom tree planted in the front yard, but I need to decide on a small tree or two to break up the shrubs around the house that I mentioned above. I desperately want a Japanese maple, but I think they need more sun than our very shady-in-summer yard can offer. Boo! Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment